Season 8 Seedings

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Season 8 Seedings

Post by Skipper on Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:22 pm

Rookie wrote:I'd be perfectly fine with MR playing Gr. Popular voting seems to want Gr in Div B, however. A playoff would be great though.
We are agree with this. GR vs MR Saturday 30 / 11

Skipper

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldie on Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:35 pm

Skipper wrote:
Rookie wrote:I'd be perfectly fine with MR playing Gr. Popular voting seems to want Gr in Div B, however. A playoff would be great though.
We are agree with this. GR vs MR Saturday 30 / 11
np
Goldie

Back to top Go down

Post by DocteurChopper on Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:36 pm

Ahaha ok

DocteurChopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ordile on Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:25 pm

GL Wink

Ordile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper on Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:31 pm

Well, I don't know much english so I'll write in spanish and if you want you can translate this.
Me parece bastante vergonzoso lo que estáis haciendo, estáis limitando a que solo podáis jugar entre amigos y clanes que se merecen un ascenso / descenso por no ser clanes amigos o ser malos, no tenemos derecho a jugar en una división mayor, solo digo que vosotros estáis haciendo que esta mierda de juego no sea divertido y sea solo competir con cuatro gilipollas como son MR o CB. Baneadme si queréis estáis en vuestro derecho, pero es una falta de respeto hacia GR esto que estáis haciendo.
GR vamos a aceptar el reto contra ese clan porque nos hemos merecido jugar en esta división, sé que os coméis el rabo entre ambos clanes y MR puede ser más competitivo que otros clanes pero sinceramente os deseo mucha suerte y que gane quien se lo merezca, que espero que vosotros no.

Skipper

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldie on Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:45 pm

let's see saturday.

And i don't know spanish and translation doing shit Cool 
Goldie

Back to top Go down

Post by TIA on Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:58 pm

I agree with Skipper beacuse GR have rights to play in Division A, they could lose every match but they earned their promotion and in my opinion they should play Division A but if everyone is ok with the "playoff" just do it

TIA

Back to top Go down

Post by DocteurChopper on Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:05 pm

It's not our fault if we were 3rd last season and we have to play "playoff"

DocteurChopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie on Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:09 pm

Why can't you just use a translator?

Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldie on Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:12 pm

He don't work very well so some sentances are strange :/
Goldie

Back to top Go down

Post by DocteurChopper on Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:23 pm

You should use translator for english too

DocteurChopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie on Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:31 pm

You must think of this way. MR didn't earn Div B, they got 3rd. CB HD MR and WEC earned A. But KA being in Div B would be silly, they were the champions of S6 I mean. And HD2 goes above Gr for A because they won B.

Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayze on Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:06 pm

To be honest, the 2nd shouldn't even be guaranteed of promotion (from now on). What I suggested is a reasonably fair solution. I've explained the same to Chopper, even though it was somewhat unfair I picked MR of all options. The majority considers it better for the competition to have Gr in B and MR in A, after all. But we will see.

I also didn't understand much of what Skipper said. But PL is supposed to be a competitive environment.
Rayze

Back to top Go down

Post by Nizer on Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:34 pm

Skipper wrote:Well, I don't know much english so I'll write in spanish and if you want you can translate this.
Me parece bastante vergonzoso lo que estáis haciendo, estáis limitando a que solo podáis jugar entre amigos y clanes que se merecen un ascenso / descenso por no ser clanes amigos o ser malos, no tenemos derecho a jugar en una división mayor, solo digo que vosotros estáis haciendo que esta mierda de juego no sea divertido y sea solo competir con cuatro gilipollas como son MR o CB. Baneadme si queréis estáis en vuestro derecho, pero es una falta de respeto hacia GR esto que estáis haciendo.
GR vamos a aceptar el reto contra ese clan porque nos hemos merecido jugar en esta división, sé que os coméis el rabo entre ambos clanes y MR puede ser más competitivo que otros clanes pero sinceramente os deseo mucha suerte y que gane quien se lo merezca, que espero que vosotros no.
Just mediating quickly to get the main points across...

What you are doing seems pretty embarassing, you are making decisions so that you can play only with friends and against the clans you want to play against. You're denying us the right to play in Div A because we're not among the clans you're friends with. You're making it so that this crap game isn't fun any more and that it's all just about playing against the same few teams over and over again, like MR and CB. Ban me if you think you're right, but what you're doing is showing a lack of respect for GR.
We, GR, will accept the challenge against MR, because we deserve to play in this division. I wish you good luck, MR, and I hope that the winner will be the team that deserves it, which is not MR.

What he's saying contains a lot of truth, of course. The problem here is that it's actually impossible to stick with the '2 teams advance, 2 teams go down each season' -rule. Too many teams are quitting PL each season and other teams are rejoining it. What doesn't make it easier is that it's actually KA who are about to take GR's spot in Div A. MR deserve to be Div A anyway, based on their last season results. It is obvious that a team like KA can't play in any division lower than A, because that would create an unfair competition.

I guess there's no right way of doing it. No matter which of those three teams would have to play i Div B, it would be unfair in some kind of way...

@ Skipper and GR in general:

Please be sure that noone wants to deny you that spot in Division A only because people like you less than the other clans. This is not true in the first place. Indeed, there are certain rivalries and maybe even dislikes between the clans that routinely play in Div A, but the only real goal Rookie and the other admins are trying to achieve is to create the best competition possible. And that means that the strongest 6 clans play in Div A, and the next best clans play in Div B. Implementing the descending/ascending rule is of course always a necessity, because clans must get the chance to advance to higher divisions as they improve their play. But as you see, this rule creates some difficult situations as soon as a good team like KA rejoins PL after one season of inactivity. In this case, it should be up to the admins or the general consensus of the community to make exceptions to that rule. KA and MR are both very strong clans and they have shown very good war results (in and outside of PL) against the other Div A clans. GR is undoubtedly a strong team, but they have mostly not been able to defeat the current Div A clans on a regular basis outside of PL. The option to organize a playoff war between two contestants is in my opinion a good solution to that, so I hope that this war between MR and GR will take place, that whoever loses that war can live with playing in Div B this season and still have fun with this game.

Last edited by Nizer on Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ordile on Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:46 pm

I agree with Nizer. We would like to play in the A but we know that there is much competition. We will play Saturday vs MR and the best team win Smile

Ordile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mence on Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:35 pm

HD2 should just be moved down to Division B for MR. How come no one else finds it dumb that there's two HD groups in the same division..? If anything HD2 should either be dropped, so a real clan can participate instead of hogging the spot, or drop HD2 to Division B and World Friend to C, since I doubt Axis will even get 7 players registered. That way GR can stay in Division A while MR can have the final spot and everyone is happy. Rolling Eyes 
Mence

Back to top Go down

Post by DawnKnight on Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:52 pm

Get rid of HD2 and Gr and simply transfer them with Melee X and MR...It's not that hard.

I would also consider having Airstrikers in Division A if they didn't request Division B (We have plenty of good players that are underrated, I'm just a bit worried about activity) since many matches were extremely close vs. other teams' "best" Lineups in Div. A and also did fairly well in 3v4s, lmfao.

It's extraordinarily biased to have HD2 in Div. A and not MR, Airstrikers, or Melee-X.

People are stupid not to want 8 and 8 or 9 and 9...It makes everything so much simpler. Also, wf is better than most Div. B clans; I have a feeling some div. B clans just don't want them as competition. (They have Skill, mars, etc. who are all borderline Div. A/B material)

It's amazing how biased this community is. This is a "competition", not a "satisfying everyone's needs and wants"; how about the staff make it that way by making it as competitive as possible?

If none of this gets changed, it'll show how much of a joke PL is.

I still stand by what I said as the most accurate seedings possible IMO:

A
~ Champi Brothers
~ High Definition
~ Killer Apps
~ Wii Elite Clan
~ Melee X
~ Mushroom Road
~ Charged Brigade
~ Airstrikers (Although they said they wanted Div B)

B
~ High Definition 2 (This should only be in Div. A if HD is evenly split and looks promising to stay active throughout the season and it doesn't get in the way of other teams listed above)
~ Dynamite They said they won't participate(?)
~ Hearts Brothers
~ Galactic Riders
~ World Friend (wf > Gr jsyk)
~ Axis Will inevitably go inactive
~ Charged Brigade 2 I have my doubts about this staying active....
~ Ragna Rock
~ Rainbow of Karts
~ Water Army
~ World Friend 2 Another team that I have doubts about staying active...
If Airstrikers insists to stay in B, then HD2 can be in Div. A, but not kicking out teams like MR and Melee X. HD2 should be in Div. A only if it is necessary to make numbers evenly split between divisions (Thus not cutting the teams I'd like to cut from Div. B, but should cockblock A, Me, and MR...).

Last edited by DawnKnight on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:12 pm; edited 4 times in total

DawnKnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mence on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:00 pm

DawnKnight wrote:I would also consider having Airstrikers in Division A if they didn't request Division B (We have plenty of good players that are underrated, I'm just a bit worried about activity) since many matches were extremely close vs. other teams' "best" Lineups in Div. A and also did fairly well in 3v4s, lmfao.
^^^^ This. Sadly our activity wasn't all that great thanks to Pokemon X & Y. Sad
But even though we went 2-8 last season, we never used our 'best' lineup or had frequent DCs. Heck.. we even used Elite one match when he hasn't play the game in months. Resulted him ragequitting after GP2 and he even got off Skype and still hasn't gotten back online.

Last edited by Mence on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mence

Back to top Go down

Post by Nizer on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:04 pm

DawnKnight wrote:It's extraordinarily biased to have HD2 in Div. A and not MR, Airstrikers, or Melee-X.
HD2 won Div B, A lost Div A. Me is new and requested Div B from what I heard. Makes perfect sense to have HD2 in A instead of Airstrikers or Me
Nizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mecha on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:04 pm

Deemed24 wrote:Since when does a clan have to continuosly World wide just to be active. Get real
We are not inactive, so you can stop saying that now

Perhaps worry about yourselves, cheers
I would try to avoid insulting here, but you are asking for it. How stupid can you be? Your lack of experience and knowledge of how this competition and the clanning scene works is embarrassing, especially when the idea is simple in practice. There are "how to" threads for a reason. WWing has absolutely nothing to do with this competition, and in fact, almost all of these clans in PL do not WW actively, ironically Axis may WW more than any of them.

Rookie wrote:Rayze is right, I've reversed the order on the declaration process. In this case Mushroom Road will be placed into the seedings and 3 teams still must finish signing up. Melee X is considered not finished until I hear what happened with Reflect's registration since it mysteriously disappeared from Ex's thread, and it doesn't seem like he transferred. I'd like this to be cleared up. Or Me can just register another player. I need to know his team history (Reflect's). If Axiwfs gets 7, I think it'd be best to just make wf have one team. As said earlier many people are questioning wf being in Division B as well.
I was about to mention this to Reflect since he told me he made a transfer post but I didn't see it, and he made his own post. He was previously registered to Extermination and Eclipse Chaos before.

Although I don't understand what clan history has to do with making registration posts, it's an unnecessary thing for the staff to keep track of and makes registration longer and more redundant, possibly even more than Brian's arbitrary way of preventing alts with pictures. Especially when Xavi deleted most of the league's data.

Rookie wrote:It'd probably be ideal to put MR into A, Gr into B, wf & Axis into C and transfer wf2's players back to wf1.
Yeah, this basically what I summed up in my explanation. It seems the most fair and logical.

@GR: I should mention, I am not trying to deny your inclusion for Division A. GR is a good team, possibly even the best Spanish team at the moment. As I mentioned in my post, I was trying to be unbiased. All the more reason this thread was made to create a fair competition.

Last edited by Mecha on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mecha

Back to top Go down

Post by DawnKnight on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:06 pm

Nizer wrote:
DawnKnight wrote:It's extraordinarily biased to have HD2 in Div. A and not MR, Airstrikers, or Melee-X.
HD2 won Div B, A lost Div A. Me is new and requested Div B from what I heard. Makes perfect sense to have HD2 in A instead of Airstrikers or Me
I'm talking about what would make this the most competitive competition possible. Airstrikers lost some of their matches due to deadweight players playing, 3v4s, or other teams taking too long and thus causing some of us to have to go.

Also, it shouldn't matter who wins their division...Last season there was a HUGE skill gap between divisions.

DawnKnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:10 pm

Mushroom Road I agree should be in A, but it seems they've agreed on a playoff

Melee X requested anything but Div A, so did Airstrikers, who actually would get in B by their placement. Looking at your seedings Dawn it seems you aren't even reading the thread.

HD2 is a real team @ Mence, we are one of the larger clans. If we were to have one team, we'd just be denying over 3/4 of our team from getting to play PL at all. It's the same amount of people who are getting excluded by making HD into 1 team, it's excluding just as many people than it is to not have another team play, if not more.

Last edited by Rookie on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mecha on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:13 pm

Rookie wrote:Mushroom Road I agree should be in A, but it seems they've agreed on a playoff

Melee X requested anything but Div A, so did Airstrikers, who actually would get in B by their placement.

HD2 is a real team @ Mence, we are one of the larger clans. If we were to have one team, we'd just be denying over 3/4 of our team from getting to play PL at all. It's the same amount of people who are getting excluded by making HD into 1 team, it's excluding just as many people than it is to not have another team play, if not more.
Dawn's suggestions are a bit far-fetched, heh. =P

Yes, I will clarify again, Me requested Division B and we prefer it.

Mecha

Back to top Go down

Post by DawnKnight on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:20 pm

Rookie wrote:Mushroom Road I agree should be in A, but it seems they've agreed on a playoff

Melee X requested anything but Div A, so did Airstrikers, who actually would get in B by their placement.

HD2 is a real team @ Mence, we are one of the larger clans.
Name all of the players that will be in HD2 next season then. I feel that HD1 would have all of HD's most experienced players while HD2 would just have all of the inexperienced players, thus giving HD1 free wins every time they play vs. each other, or rig it for which ever team is winning by trying less hard...It gives HD overall an unfair advantage.

Also, I think that "placement" shouldn't have any jurisdiction since clearly Airstrikers didn't even try after week 3 last season due to Pokemon.

Rookie wrote:Looking at your seedings Dawn it seems you aren't even reading the thread.
So just because I do not agree with anyone who has posted thus-far I am not reading the thread? I obviously don't care about conforming to stupidity.

"Rules" of PL seedings shouldn't be relevant at this point because of such heavy inactivity.

Last edited by DawnKnight on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:25 pm; edited 3 times in total

DawnKnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Nizer on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:23 pm

The question is how close we want to stick to the official PL rules. Based on those rules, the divisions would look like this:

A:

CB
HD1
MR
WEC
HD2
GR

B:

A
DY
WA
HB
cß2

C:

RR
RK
WF
?
?
?

If we all agree that KA should be Div A by default, every team below would move down one spot. This would give GR the 1st spot in Div B, but that problem will be solved by the playoff between MR and GR anyway. Simultaneously, cß2 moves down to C. If we then agree that Me should be Div B, this will push HB back to Div C. Though if WA is fine with playing in C instead, HB can stay in B. The rest would be Div C.

And honestly, just in order to find a fair solution for everyone, I think this is what the divisions should look like. At a glance:

A: CB, HD, MR/GR, WEC, KA, HD2
B: GR/MR, cß, A, DY, HB, Me
C: WA, cß2, Rest
Nizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: