Prime League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 8 Seedings

+28
Vexus
Sinistra
Mence
Goldie
Xinta
Noωi
Vaporino
Shadow
Rayze
Ftwhero
Deemed24
Mark
DawnKnight
Nizer
Kaz
◇ユキメノコ
KaporalSky
DocteurChopper
Crazykonga
ÐarkNes
058_Racing
TIA
[RK]Sliver
Ordile
Mecha
Skipper
Rookie
Cac
32 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Season 8 Seedings - Page 2 Empty Re: Season 8 Seedings

Post by Crazykonga Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:52 pm

too late MR
Crazykonga
Crazykonga

Back to top Go down

Post by KaporalSky Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:33 pm

GL Me. Embarassed 
KaporalSky
KaporalSky

Back to top Go down

Post by ◇ユキメノコ Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:34 pm

GR in Div A is just ridiculous though, either Melee X or Charged Brigade should fill in that spot instead.
◇ユキメノコ
◇ユキメノコ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaz Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:37 pm

I agree with HD2 in DivA because they deserve it, good luck everyone

Kaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:50 pm

The feedback is appreciated, thank you everyone and please keep up the discussion. As stated these seedings are not finalized yet, as we want to hear everyone's opinions; we just simply needed initial seedings to discuss about. Part of the reasoning on cB2 being in Div C was because it would work out to have every division have a pair of the same team in them if that were to happen. I asked Tommy about it, and he told me whatever we thought would work best, to do it. I realize that HD & HD2 are both in the same division and that this may come across as biased, however the reasoning behind this simply put is that they won Division B, which has always been rewarded in Division A next season by history of every league with a set up like this. Season 3 B winners were cB and they were in A the season after. Season 4 nS (later to become Nova pretty much) won Div B and they were in A next season. Melee X won division B in S5 and would've been placed in A but they withdrew from the league. MR, who was also 9-1 with them moved up to A though, and cB won B again in S6, and got moved up again. HD2 is a separate team from HD, and they won Division B, so it would be completely fair to promote them. If the majority of the league finds it unreasonable, we can move things around though, but I personally feel like they earned their spot in A for sure by winning B. Gr was placed initially in A for having a strong season in A too. If you guys would like to talk it out, great. Regarding MR, Goldie had said MR would not do PL next season when we had declarations up, I'm really sorry that this has happened since you guys want to play now. Unfortunately when I was talking to you yesterday there was one spot left open, but Melee X was the team to claim it first. There isn't really much I can do now, but if a team doesn't actually care to play, you can ask if they would allow MR to take their place. I'll keep you guys in my thoughts and if I see a team still ineligible to play by next Saturday (right now that would be Axis, Me, and wf2), we will swap them out for you guys if you want it. Hope this clears some stuff up.

Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by DocteurChopper Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:28 pm

DocteurChopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:34 pm

That still does not change that MR was not in the first 18 teams who said they wanted to play S8.

Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by DocteurChopper Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:35 pm

Next time ask the team representative it will be better i think

DocteurChopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:49 pm

It's not even our job to ask the teams, they're supposed to declare on their own. Unfortunately recently we've had to get on teams about whether or not they'll be playing..

Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cac Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:21 pm

Rookie wrote:The feedback is appreciated, thank you everyone and please keep up the discussion. As stated these seedings are not finalized yet, as we want to hear everyone's opinions; we just simply needed initial seedings to discuss about. Part of the reasoning on cB2 being in Div C was because it would work out to have every division have a pair of the same team in them if that were to happen. I asked Tommy about it, and he told me whatever we thought would work best, to do it. I realize that HD & HD2 are both in the same division and that this may come across as biased, however the reasoning behind this simply put is that they won Division B, which has always been rewarded in Division A next season by history of every league with a set up like this. Season 3 B winners were cB and they were in A the season after. Season 4 nS (later to become Nova pretty much) won Div B and they were in A next season. Melee X won division B in S5 and would've been placed in A but they withdrew from the league. MR, who was also 9-1 with them moved up to A though, and cB won B again in S6, and got moved up again. HD2 is a separate team from HD, and they won Division B, so it would be completely fair to promote them. If the majority of the league finds it unreasonable, we can move things around though, but I personally feel like they earned their spot in A for sure by winning B. Gr was placed initially in A for having a strong season in A too. If you guys would like to talk it out, great. Regarding MR, Goldie had said MR would not do PL next season when we had declarations up, I'm really sorry that this has happened since you guys want to play now. Unfortunately when I was talking to you yesterday there was one spot left open, but Melee X was the team to claim it first. There isn't really much I can do now, but if a team doesn't actually care to play, you can ask if they would allow MR to take their place. I'll keep you guys in my thoughts and if I see a team still ineligible to play by next Saturday (right now that would be Axis, Me, and wf2), we will swap them out for you guys if you want it. Hope this clears some stuff up.
MR is a good clan for div A/B but i think if they play in div C will not be funny the division so in my point of view MR can be good sub for div A/B.
Cac
Cac

Back to top Go down

Post by Nizer Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:17 pm

Denying a well-established team like MR the participation just to let teams like Axis and Melee X play, both of which have no more than 2-3 players registered for them right now, can't be fair. I know it's what the rules say, but seriously. It's just wrong...

Just my 0.02
Nizer
Nizer

Back to top Go down

Post by DawnKnight Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:04 pm

LMFAO these seedings are hilariously bad and inaccurate....Humor me!

These are what they should be:
A
~ Champi Brothers
~ High Definition
~ Killer Apps
~ Wii Elite Clan
~ Melee X
~ Mushroom Road
~ Charged Brigade
~ Airstrikers (Although they said they wanted Div B)

B
~ High Definition 2 (This should only be in Div. A if HD is evenly split and looks promising to stay active throughout the season)
~ Dynamite They said they won't participate(?)
~ Hearts Brothers
~ Galactic Riders
~ World Friend (wf > Gr jsyk)
~ Axis Will inevitably go inactive
~ Charged Brigade 2 I have my doubts about this staying active....
~ Ragna Rock
~ Rainbow of Karts
~ Water Army
~ World Friend 2 Keep one of the teams above if wf doesn't seem able to manage two teams.
If Airstrikers insists to stay in B, then HD2 can be in Div. A, but not kicking out teams like MR and Melee X.

Last edited by DawnKnight on Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:27 pm; edited 4 times in total

DawnKnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:19 pm

DawnKnight wrote:LMFAO these seedings are hilariously bad and inaccurate....Humor me!
Instead of trashing them, how about you be of convenience and post recommendations. It's easy to poke fun at what others do, but could you do better yourself? Why don't you try to make seedings that makes as many people happy as possible, I'd be glad to consider them. You have to take in to consideration that we need to make seedings based off of what everyone wants, not just your own.

---

Nizer, I agree but you have to be fair to all teams, regardless of who is or isn't a more established clan. Ever since PL started, we have went by a first come first serve declaration system, and that's what teams need to think about. We shouldn't have to listen to complaints of team when everybody was given time to state whether or not they wanted to participate. It's like something you need to order in advance, and you can't expect to get the thing if you try to order after the paying deadline. There are 18 teams who confirmed to play before them. You can't just tell someone to beat it when they beat you to the lunch, it's just not fair. If somebody allows them to have their spot on their own accord, that's great, I just don't want to force a team out of the league when they wanted to play and already said they would on time.

Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by DawnKnight Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:20 pm

Rookie wrote:
DawnKnight wrote:LMFAO these seedings are hilariously bad and inaccurate....Humor me!
Instead of trashing them, how about you be of convenience and post recommendations. It's easy to poke fun at what others do, but could you do better yourself? Why don't you try to make seedings that makes as many people happy as possible, I'd be glad to consider them. You have to take in to consideration that we need to make seedings based off of what everyone wants, not just your own.

---

Nizer, I agree but you have to be fair to all teams, regardless of who is or isn't a more established clan. Ever since PL started, we have went by a first come first serve declaration system, and that's what teams need to think about. We shouldn't have to listen to complaints of team when everybody was given time to state whether or not they wanted to participate. It's like something you need to order in advance, and you can't expect to get the thing if you try to order after the paying deadline. There are 18 teams who confirmed to play before them. You can't just tell someone to beat it when they beat you to the lunch, it's just not fair. If somebody allows them to have their spot on their own accord, that's great, I just don't want to force a team out of the league when they wanted to play and already said they would on time.
Edited accordingly.

DawnKnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:27 pm

Tbh i don't even think Axis can play. they are a sub-clan with many people in it who are already in a main clan.
Mark
Mark

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:40 pm

First of all, I'm pretty much certain that the 8-8 option was not wanted when we did have 16 teams. The majority of people want the classic 6-6-6, which is what we've chosen. Not only this, but when we have 6 teams per division, we have automated tables accessible. The only reason why 8-8 was even questioned was because we did not think we would get 18, until just yesterday a rather large number of teams decided they would like to play.

As I said earlier, the reasoning behind HD2 in A is simply that they wanted it and because they won Division B, which in any league for MK in the last has been reason enough to promote. You can't just say no to a team that wants in Division A, when they rightfully deserved it.

The same goes with Gr, because the WCL style system which we're running right now goes by top 2 move up a division, 3rd & 4th stay put, and 5th and 6th move down one. We tried to stay as close to that as possible, and Gr have shown great interest in A. If more people disagree with the placement and don't blatantly imply insults at the staff trying to bring you another season, we can try to arrange some kind of challenge for the Div A spot.

As I explained earlier, Mushroom Road did not decide they wanted to play until we got 18 teams, when we go by first come, first serve with team declarations. Kicking out teams for others is just unjust; we gave the opportunity for everyone to sign up, they were simply just late.

LsR specifically told me that Me did not want to play in Div A.
Brandon told me that Airstrikers did not want to play in Div A again.
Tommy told me that cB is fine with any seeding.
Dynamite was the 17th team to declare. They originally weren't going to but changed their mind, before we were full on teams.
We haven't even given Axis a chance yet. I'll check them out though. As I said, if they aren't eligible by Saturday I will replace them.
cB2 already finished a season and declared they would play, won't say no to that.

I'm open to a team letting MR take their spot, but I do not want to force a team out.

Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by DawnKnight Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:46 pm

Rookie wrote:First of all, I'm pretty much certain that the 8-8 option was not wanted when we did have 16 teams. The majority of people want the classic 6-6-6, which is what we've chosen
If I was correct when skimming through that thread...It was about evenly split of which team wants what...

8 and 8 is clearly the better option in terms of skill-division.

Last edited by DawnKnight on Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:50 pm; edited 3 times in total

DawnKnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:48 pm

DawnKnight wrote:
Rookie wrote:First of all, I'm pretty much certain that the 8-8 option was not wanted when we did have 16 teams. The majority of people want the classic 6-6-6, which is what we've chosen. Not only this, but when we have 6 teams per division, we have automated tables accessible. The only reason why 8-8 was even questioned was because we did not think we would get 18, until just yesterday a rather large number of teams decided they would like to play.

As I said earlier, the reasoning behind HD2 in A is simply that they wanted it and because they won Division B, which in any league for MK in the last has been reason enough to promote. You can't just say no to a team that wants in Division A, when they rightfully deserved it.

The same goes with Gr, because the WCL style system which we're running right now goes by top 2 move up a division, 3rd & 4th stay put, and 5th and 6th move down one. We tried to stay as close to that as possible, and Gr have shown great interest in A. If more people disagree with the placement and don't blatantly imply insults at the staff trying to bring you another season, we can try to arrange some kind of challenge for the Div A spot.

As I explained earlier, Mushroom Road did not decide they wanted to play until we got 18 teams, when we go by first come, first serve with team declarations. Kicking out teams for others is just unjust; we gave the opportunity for everyone to sign up, they were simply just late.

LsR specifically told me that Me did not want to play in Div A.
Brandon told me that Airstrikers did not want to play in Div A again.
Tommy told me that cB is fine with any seeding.
Dynamite was the 17th team to declare. They originally weren't going to but changed their mind, before we were full on teams.
We haven't even given Axis a chance yet. I'll check them out though. As I said, if they aren't eligible by Saturday I will replace them.
cB2 already finished a season and declared they would play, won't say no to that.

I'm open to a team letting MR take their spot, but I do not want to force a team out.
If I was war correct when skimming through that thread...It was about evenly split of which team wants what...
What exactly do you mean?

Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deemed24 Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:01 am

AxiS Win  lol!

@DawnKnight ROFL what ever, lets see how well you do in Div B ok Smile

Deemed24

Back to top Go down

Post by Mecha Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:40 am

Melee X is currently the most active team warring-wise, really (warred about 4 times consecutively yesterday, which is more than any other team other than KA, and that's not an exaggeration since MK7 is so inactive.) We even have a lineup for practically every match at this point, it's mostly just the members being lazy to sign up. If anyone here, you can relate to me with this, right, Rookie? xP Denying our inclusion would make us a bit upset. I have tried to tell them in the chat time and time again to register yet they won't do it, or have told me they will later.

Since everyone here is being immature (ironically it's me saying this), I'll go ahead and give my own opinions and try to be unbiased about this.

First of all, 6-6-6 is indeed the best way to go. The skill gap between Division A and B is too high for that to happen. Only cB, Me, and MR are the borderline clans that can be interchanged with A or B in this regard.

Division A looks fine to me, but there is a problem. GR should not be in Division A at all; seriously, who thought this? They did not win Division B last season, HD2 did. They do not have enough wins against these clans to even be considered for this division, and when you consider the current seedings for Division B this season compared to the previous, it's more suitable. In this case, MR or cB should replace them.

Division B looks solid to me. Every clan here is pretty good. But WF should not be in here, either. Yes, they have improved and have some better members but clearly this didn't help them the way people thought it did because everyone thought they would win Div C last season and HB trashed that division with skill despite losing Homer. GR should replace WF here.

Divison C is ok, I guess. I'm assuming that the second WF I see here is their 2nd team. Axis should be replaced by WF1 or WF should just combine their teams again because Axis is too inactive and WF2 is also probably inactive, or their skill isn't up to their ability to play in this division properly.

@Dawn: That thread was made before DY and Me told Rookie they wanted to play PL, so it is invalid to people that wanted 8-8.

@Deemed: You may as well stop worrying about this thread and worry about your clan registering if you actually want to play in the league.

Mecha

Back to top Go down

Post by Ftwhero Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:51 am

Nizer wrote:Denying a well-established team like MR the participation just to let teams like Axis and Melee X play, both of which have no more than 2-3 players registered for them right now, can't be fair. I know it's what the rules say, but seriously. It's just wrong...

Just my 0.02
I totally agree. As chopper said, mods should ask the leader that arranges PL for that clan and not someone randomly

DawnKnight wrote:

B
~ High Definition 2 (This should only be in Div. A if HD is evenly split and looks promising to stay active throughout the season)
~ Dynamite They said they won't participate(?)
~ Galactic Riders
both GR and HD2 deserve a spot in division A, no matter if you think they suck, as they did their best.
No one said DY isnt going to play (even more members signed up to play PL)

Plus: as we have around 18 teams, the majority prefers a balanced 6-6-6 and not 8-8, reading is a key to communication

About the divisions
A seems good
B too, seems more exciting than the last season
C is ok, tho ill doubt axis get more than 3 players

Last edited by Ftwhero on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Ftwhero
Ftwhero

Back to top Go down

Post by TIA Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:53 am

What about 7-6-6 with MR in?

TIA

Back to top Go down

Post by Mecha Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:55 am

TIA wrote:What about 7-6-6 with MR in?
The divisions have to be even.

Mecha

Back to top Go down

Post by Ftwhero Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:56 am

TIA wrote:What about 7-6-6 with MR in?
6-6-6
Kick axis out, lower GR to B, lower Wf to C add MR in A
Ftwhero
Ftwhero

Back to top Go down

Post by TIA Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:08 am

If Axis won't get enough players someone should kick them (as Rookie said) but what about if they will get 7?

TIA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next